Posted to users@maven.apache.org by on 2003/02/20 01:42:52 UTC

Artifacts other than .jar?

Hi,
I'm trying to use maven to handle artifacts for other build systems, like
make.
How can I tell maven to download e.g. a .dll dependency? I tried with
<dependency>
      <id>test</id>
      <artifactType>dll</artifactType>
      <version>1.2b3-dev</version>
    </dependency>

but still, there is nothing under repository/test/dll/test-1.2b3-dev.dll.

Any hints?

Thanks

/peter

Re: Artifacts other than .jar?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 04:47, Peter Neubauer wrote:
> Hi,
> still, I get the same error:
> Can't get http://www.ibiblio.org/maven//test/jars/test-3.8.jar to c:\programs\ma
> ven\repository\test\jars\test-3.8.jar

> W A R N I N G
> Failed to download dependent file test-3.8.jar
>
> with:
>
> <dependency>
>       <id>test</id>
>       <type>dll</type>
>       <version>3.8</version>
>      </dependency>

Take a look in the touchstone for examples on non-jar artifacts. It
works.

What version of Maven are you using?

> /peter
>

> Quoting Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>:
>
> > On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 19:42, an unknown sender wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I'm trying to use maven to handle artifacts for other build systems, like
> > > make.
> > > How can I tell maven to download e.g. a .dll dependency? I tried with
> > > <dependency>
> > >       <id>test</id>
> > >       <artifactType>dll</artifactType>
> > >       <version>1.2b3-dev</version>
> > >     </dependency>
> >
> > <type> not <artifactType>
> >
> > > but still, there is nothing under repository/test/dll/test-1.2b3-dev.dll.
> > >
> > > Any hints?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > /peter

> > > For additional commands, e-mail:
> > turbine-maven-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> > --
> > jvz.
> >
> > Jason van Zyl
> > jason@zenplex.com
> > http://tambora.zenplex.org
> >
> > In short, man creates for himself a new religion of a rational
> > and technical order to justify his work and to be justified in it.
> >
> >   -- Jacques Ellul, The Technological Society

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: Artifacts other than .jar?

Posted by Peter Neubauer <pe...@neubauer.nu>.
Hi,

Re: Artifacts other than .jar?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 19:42, an unknown sender wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to use maven to handle artifacts for other build systems, like
> make.
> How can I tell maven to download e.g. a .dll dependency? I tried with
> <dependency>
>       <id>test</id>
>       <artifactType>dll</artifactType>
>       <version>1.2b3-dev</version>
>     </dependency>

<type> not <artifactType>

> but still, there is nothing under repository/test/dll/test-1.2b3-dev.dll.
>
> Any hints?
>
> Thanks
>
> /peter

jvz.