Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Henrik Bentel <hb...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/18 10:33:39 UTC

Custom column renderer

Hi

I have a question that I'm sure is a newbie one.

I'm looking to create  custom renderer for a colum in a DataTable.

I have a column whose internal data is integers.
However what I am looking to render in the table cell is depending on
the integer value:
    - Either a hyperlink (with associated action and actionlistener)
which opens a popup that goes to the server.
    -Or simple text, similar to outputText. varies depending on the
integer value.

The rest of the data in my table is normal so no need yet to extend
the whole set if I can avoid it.

So could someone provide a highlevel set of tasks or overview of ways
to achieve this?
I'm reading my way through myfaces source code to see how the tomahawk
data table extend the standard datatable, but I'm missing part of the
high level picture.

Hope someone can help
thanks,
-Henrik