Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by st...@socgen.com on 2000/02/29 11:23:09 UTC

problems with SerlvetContext.setAttribute method

Despite the presence of the setAttribute method in Tomcat/Serlvet2.2
Specification, it seem to be not  implemented yet:
I get a compiler error : no  setAttribute(String, Object) method in
ServletContext interface.

With JBuilder, using reflection API for auto-completion, the method does not
appear (adding serlvet.jar archive from tomcat distribution).

Has anyone further info ?

thanks

Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont
confidentiels et etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires.
La SOCIETE GENERALE et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite au
titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie.

				********

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and
intended solely for the addressees.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates
shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.

Re: problems with SerlvetContext.setAttribute method

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cm...@mytownnet.com>.
stephane.gesuati@socgen.com wrote:

> Despite the presence of the setAttribute method in Tomcat/Serlvet2.2
> Specification, it seem to be not  implemented yet:
> I get a compiler error : no  setAttribute(String, Object) method in
> ServletContext interface.
>
> With JBuilder, using reflection API for auto-completion, the method does not
> appear (adding serlvet.jar archive from tomcat distribution).
>
> Has anyone further info ?

It sounds like you might still have an older version of the servlet API classes
in the "class path" used by JBuilder -- the ServletContext.setAttribute()
method is most assuredly implemented in the servlet classes supplied with
Tomcat.

> thanks

Craig McClanahan