Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@axa-winterthur.ch> on 2011/11/01 16:48:30 UTC

[axis2] 1.6.1 on OpenVMS - Exception extracting jars into temporary directory

Hi all,

On a atempt to get things more user friendly I like to complain about
messages logged to apache jakarta tomcat and axis2 logs and get your
thoughts.

WARN main org.apache.axis2.deployment.util.Utils - Exception extracting
jars into temporary directory : java.io.IOException: i/o er
ror (errno:5) : switching to alternate class loading mechanism

Reason: axis2 is a complex system ant it would be nice if in any such
case the WARN ERROR or DEBUG log entry would also contain the
/path/to/the/file.name.ext in question.

ALSO: In the case given I do not know how to configure that
/path/to/temporary/directory

When I go into source code then I can find ARTIFACTS_TEMP_DIR =
"artifactsDIR" but googling on the web I can find

Would this be the case I would be able to say why I get such a stack
trace.

DEBUG main org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine - Adding new
module
 INFO main org.apache.axis2.deployment.ModuleDeployer - Deploying
module: jaxws-1.6.1 - file:/disk$oracle2/apache/jakarta/tomcat/web
apps/axis2/WEB-INF/modules/axis2-jaxws-mar-1.6.1.mar
 WARN main org.apache.axis2.deployment.util.Utils - Exception extracting
jars into temporary directory : java.io.IOException: i/o er
ror (errno:5) : switching to alternate class loading mechanism
 DEBUG main org.apache.axis2.deployment.util.Utils -
java.io.IOException: i/o error (errno:5)
 java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: i/o error (errno:5)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.util.Utils.getURLsForAllJars(Utils.java:197)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.util.Utils.createClassLoader(Utils.java:852)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.DeploymentFileData.setClassL
oader(DeploymentFileData.java:115)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.ModuleDeployer.deploy(ModuleDeployer.java:70
)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.DeploymentFileData.deploy(De
ploymentFileData.java:136)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.doDeploy(DeploymentEngine.j
ava:813)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.init(RepositoryListener.j
ava:264)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.init2(RepositoryListener.
java:69)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.<init>(RepositoryListener
.java:64)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.loadRepository(DeploymentEn
gine.java:158)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.WarBasedAxisConfigurator.getAxisConfiguratio
n(WarBasedAxisConfigurator.java:228)
        at
org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfiguration
Context(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:64)
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.initConfigContext(AxisServle
t.java:584)
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.init(AxisServlet.java:454)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.jav
a:1139)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:966)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.j
ava:3956)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4230
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.ja
va:760)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:740)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:544)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:831)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:720)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:490)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1149)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:31
1)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSu
pport.java:120)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1022)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:736)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1014)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:448)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:700)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552)
        at
a:39)
        at
Impl.java:25)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:295)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:433)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: i/o error (errno:5)
        at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
        at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:871)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.util.TempFileManager.createTempFile(TempFile
Manager.java:83)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.util.Utils.createTempFile(Utils.java:227)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.util.Utils.getURLsForAllJars(Utils.java:168)
        ... 39 more
DEBUG main org.apache.axis2.deployment.ModuleBuilder - populateModule:
Building module description for: metadataExchange
DEBUG main org.apache.axis2.deployment.ModuleBuilder - populateModule:
Done building module description

There was absolut no problem to run axis2-1.2 on OpenVMS
And the stack trace we see above (and more of them) is one of the
effects I am faced with running axis2-1.6.1 on OpenVMS 8.6 IA64

Maybe I have to do and provide the same code changes to axis2 now for
OpenVMS as it was done times ago for Windows System and file Locking of
open Files.

Axis2.xml does not provide a tag
<artifactsDIR>/path/to/temp/dir</artifactsDIR>
And adding this as a parameter has no effects.

Could it be that I have to define

-Djava.io.temp=/path/to/temp/dir

Any hints welcome to nail / mail :-) that bug down.

Josef