Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Shah, Kinjal" <ks...@harris.com> on 2003/04/02 03:33:01 UTC

How to do HTML Scraping

I have a following problem.
I am loading a page from a website say www.google.com using WebPageProtlet. Now,
if I do search in that page then I get kicked out of the portal and the search
results are displayed as a web page.
What I am trying to do is, I load the page, say, www.google.com and perform a
search on the page, the results are displayed in the same portlet window along
with all the other portlets on my current pane.
Is there any way to do this?
Thank you in advance for you help
regards,
-kinjal

Re: How to do HTML Scraping

Posted by Javed Mahmud <jm...@it.uts.edu.au>.
Kinjal,
May be have a look at

http://www.google.com.au/apis/

Which will give you control on the search result.
Initially it is 1000 queries per day and 10 search result per query.
I dont know about the licensing details.
Have a look in the site I am sure this will be helpful.
This is a bit different approach to provide the same service.

TA
javed

> I have a following problem.
> I am loading a page from a website say www.google.com using
> WebPageProtlet. Now, if I do search in that page then I get kicked out
> of the portal and the search results are displayed as a web page.
> What I am trying to do is, I load the page, say, www.google.com and
> perform a search on the page, the results are displayed in the same
> portlet window along with all the other portlets on my current pane.
> Is there any way to do this?
> Thank you in advance for you help
> regards,
> -kinjal

|Research Assistant                     |
|Building 10                            |
|Room 4405                              |
|Faculty of Information Technology      |
|Department of Computer Systems         |
|University of Technology Sydney        |
|Phone: 9514 4513                       |
|Mobile : 0413 607172                   |