Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dan Baumbach <db...@datalode.com> on 2005/05/28 01:17:10 UTC

[users@httpd] Module notification of Apache Shutdown

I'm working on a module for Apache 2 under Windows.  My module is
There is some cleanup I'd like to do before Apache shuts down.  Is there
any hook or another way to get notification of Apache's pending shutdown
so I can do some cleanup in the module?

I tried adding a DllMain() to the module but setting it as the dll entry
point kept Apache from running my hook function that I had set with
ap_hook_post_config() and the module was promptly unloaded.

- Dan.

--

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact

Re: [users@httpd] Module notification of Apache Shutdown

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
Dan Baumbach wrote:
> I'm working on a module for Apache 2 under Windows.

Forget "under Windows".  It's going to run under Apache, and what you
want is exactly the same on windows platform as anywhere else.

>	  My module is
> Apache shuts down.

http://www.apachetutor.org/dev/pools

(and come to our module development tutorial at ApacheCon in July:-)

--
Nick Kew