Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Aditya Sharma <ad...@apache.org> on 2020/10/02 13:06:27 UTC

Enable CodeQL scanning for all the OFBiz repositories

Hi team,

I think we can enable the code scanning security feature for all the OFBiz
repositories available with GitHub that helps identifying security
vulnerabilities using CodeQL.

https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework/security/code-scanning
https://securitylab.github.com/tools/codeql

Citation from
https://www.infoworld.com/article/3453742/github-makes-codeql-free-for-research-and-open-source.html
:
*"CodeQL, a semantic code analysis engine and query tool for finding
security vulnerabilities across a codebase, has been made available for
free by GitHub for anyone to use in research or to analyze open source
code."*

If no one is against it, I will move ahead with it.

Thanks and Regards,
Aditya Sharma

Re: Enable CodeQL scanning for all the OFBiz repositories

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Sounds good to me, thanks Aditya

Jacques

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@apache.org>.