Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by ravi teja <ra...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/13 12:46:23 UTC

Authentication and security with hadoop

Hi Community,

We wanted to have authentication on hadoop, means want to make sure the
user is what he claims to be and doesn't proxy another users using env
variables.

From many links , I see that the default choice is kerberos with hadoop.
And as far i understand ,I see that ranger is more like a central place to
manage the acls on directories and it doesn't involve in authentication.

And the information online is pretty old, could get any latest information
on the security auth.

I wanted to know if there is other way than kerberos for providing this
authentication layer?
Because kerberos had many operation problems while using with HDFS and now
we no longer use it.

Thanks in advance,
Ravi

Re: Authentication and security with hadoop

Posted by ravi teja <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the clarification Arpit.
Will check the docs.

Ravi