Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Jeffrey Rice <py...@finity.org> on 2008/07/07 06:56:28 UTC

Apache, mod_dav, and Expression Web

I hope someone can help me with a most frustrating problem!  I am trying
to get Microsoft Expression Web or (if that fails) Frontpage working
with webdav in Apache 2.2.9.  (aside, WHY didn't Microsoft put in
support for sFTP or FTP-SSL?)

I believe (!) that I have Webdav properly setup.  At least, cadaver and
Dreamweaver are able to connect, get and put file, etc.  However,
Frontpage and Expression Web have problems: mainly I get back a "301
Document moved" error, or "X is not a directory."

The current setup has multiple virtual domains served off a single IP,
using apache2-mmp-prefork.  I have a domain, authoring.y.z, to use as a
host.

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerAdmin     web@x.y
ServerName      authoring.x.y
DocumentRoot    /var/www/docroot/x.y/pages
ErrorLog        /var/log/apache2/authoring.x.y-error.log
CustomLog       /var/log/apache2/authoring.x.y-access.log combined

          <Directory /var/www/docroot/x.y/pages>
          Dav         On
          AuthType    Digest
          AuthName    authoring.x.y
          AuthUserFile /var/www/docroot/digestusers
          <LimitExcept OPTIONS>
          Require     valid-user
          </LimitExcept>
          </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

I have also tried numerous permutations: using 443 and SSL with Authtype
Basic, playing with the path in <Directory>, and so on.  These have not
helped.

I can't imagine that I'm the only one using Apache2 trying to support
Expression Web.  Am I doing something stupid, or is there a problem in
either mod_dav(fs) or Expression Web?  I would greatly appreciate any tips.

Jeff

Re: Apache, mod_dav, and Expression Web

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
This is off-topic for the Commons User list - please continue only on
the httpd users list.

Also, please do not cross-post messages to multiple lists.