Posted to dev@hivemind.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2007/11/13 17:07:55 UTC

HiveMind Board Report - November 2007

The HiveMind project has remained quite inactive during the past three
months.  Howard removed his name from the HiveMind JIRA issues
assigned to him.  A few new JIRA issues have been entered, but no work
has been done on them, since we really have no active developers.
There has been some interest from Tapestry users in some of the
HiveMind-based libraries (hibernate, acegi, etc.) that I've written in
the past.

Re: HiveMind Board Report - November 2007

Posted by Jili Lv <lj...@gmail.com>.
I think the Hivemind has some good and bad features.

good:

1. static module
  1.1 to Spring, it's a good feature,and very important
  1.2 to OSGi, it's sample
2. contribution
  oh, contribution better than service to expansion

bad:

1. hibernate intergration
2. full  enterprise stack suport

I use hivetranse for my project, but it's not well-know.

some new features may be can add to hivemind1.1,,such as:
1. service implement version control(override)
2. template service factory proxy(services has same
interface,field...but implemention difference)

make HindMind active?

Posted by Viktor Szathmary <vi...@euedge.com>.
Hi,

As a long time user of hivemind and tapestry, I am convinced, that it
would be beneficial to discontinue Hivemind (and remove its
dependecies from tapestry as well). Hivemind has easier, better, more
mature and widely known alternatives. Forcing Hivemind on users of
Tapestry also does Tapestry a disservice.

Sorry about the negativity, but figured I can share my honest opinion :)

Regards,
  Viktor

Posted by Johan Lindquist <jo...@kawoo.co.uk>.

Hi James,

With quite a few open issues already, would it be worthwhile calling for
people to vote on the issues people feel are important?  That way, if it
at all works out, at least there is an indication as to what could be in
a future release?  Would allow people to focus their efforts somewhat
should they want to provide patches.

Also, a while ago, we had a talk about Hivemind and the fact that the
released version of it (1.1.1) does not have "proper" maven pom's
associated with it .. Some work was made in order to release 1.1.2
(achim and myself updated some docs to prepare the site for maven 2.0).
   But i think, due to time constraints by the commiters, this effort
fizzled out a little and was never applied.  That their time is limited
is of course fully understandable, but would be nice to move the project
forward, be it one small step at a time.

Cheers,

Johan

James Carman wrote:
> A good start would be to submit patches to JIRA issues.
>
> On 11/18/07, Zenberg <ze...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Let's reactive the project.
>>
>> How can I join the development team?
>>

>> James Carman wrote:
>>> The HiveMind project has remained quite inactive during the past three
>>> months.  Howard removed his name from the HiveMind JIRA issues
>>> assigned to him.  A few new JIRA issues have been entered, but no work
>>> has been done on them, since we really have no active developers.
>>> There has been some interest from Tapestry users in some of the
>>> HiveMind-based libraries (hibernate, acegi, etc.) that I've written in
>>> the past.
>>>

>> --

- --
you too?

Re: HiveMind Board Report - November 2007

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Zenberg <ze...@gmail.com>.
Let's reactive the project.