Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2006/05/24 11:39:19 UTC

spamc -u "semi-obsoleted"?

sub-qpsm-tpd@rope.net writes:
> -u username
>      This argument has been semi-obsoleted.  To have spamd use
>      per-user-config files, run spamc as the user whose config files spamd
>      should load.  If youre running spamc as some other user, though, (eg.
>      root, mail, nobody, cyrus, etc.)  then you can still use this flag.
>
> 	So, I can submit to a per-user account name with this option until
> it gets pulled.

(ccing SpamAssassin list) -- does anyone know why this is listed
as "semi-obsoleted"?   I can't recall planning to replace -u.

According to svn blame, that change was r3247:

  r3247 | jmason | 2002-08-28 18:19:32 +0100 (Wed, 28 Aug 2002) | 2 lines
  merged code back from 2.4.0 release branch

Looks like the "semi-obsoleted" warning is, itself, obsolete ;)
Unless there's any noise I'll remove it.

--j.