Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by rajini maski <ra...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/29 09:55:51 UTC

Error while performing facet search across shards..

             An error while performing facet across shards..The following is
the query:

http://localhost:8090/InstantOne/select?/&indent=on
&shards=localhost:8090/InstantOne,localhost:8091/InstantTwo
,localhost:8093/InstantThree&q=filenumber:10&facet=on&facet.field=studyId

No studyId fields are blank across any shards.  I have apache solr 1.4.1
version set up for this.

Error is :  common.SolrException log SEVERE: java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.apache.solr.handler.component.FacetComponent.refineFacets(FacetComponent.java:331)
atorg.apache.solr.handler.component.FacetComponent.handleResponses(FacetComponent.java:232

What might be the reason for this? Any particular configuration or set up
needed to be done?

Awaiting reply.
Rajani

Re: Error while performing facet search across shards..

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 3:55 AM, rajini maski <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>             An error while performing facet across shards..The following is
> the query:
>
> http://localhost:8090/InstantOne/select?/&indent=on
> &shards=localhost:8090/InstantOne,localhost:8091/InstantTwo
> ,localhost:8093/InstantThree&q=filenumber:10&facet=on&facet.field=studyId
>
> No studyId fields are blank across any shards.  I have apache solr 1.4.1
> version set up for this.
>
> Error is :  common.SolrException log SEVERE: java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
> org.apache.solr.handler.component.FacetComponent.refineFacets(FacetComponent.java:331)
> atorg.apache.solr.handler.component.FacetComponent.handleResponses(FacetComponent.java:232
>
> What might be the reason for this? Any particular configuration or set up
> needed to be done?

This bug has been fixed in 3.1 and trunk.
This can happen when there was some sort of exception during the sub-request.
Go look at the logs on each server (or execute the request on each
server w/o the "shards" param) to see what the exception is.

-Yonik
http://www.lucenerevolution.org -- Lucene/Solr User Conference, May
25-26, San Francisco