Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by Κωνσταντίνος Αρετάκης <ka...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/29 20:26:32 UTC

SQOOP 2 : query hadoop nodes before export

Hi all,

I have some data in hadoop nodes and I want to export them to a relational
database.
However I don't want all of them.
So does sqoop2 supports to execute sql queries at hadoop nodes before
exporting the data to the relational database?

Thanks

Re: SQOOP 2 : query hadoop nodes before export

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi sir,
I'm afraid that Sqoop 2 currently do not offer any filtering abilities during export. You can however use hive/pig/impala/mapreduce to filter the entries that you need to export prior running Sqoop 2 export.

Jarcec