Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> on 2002/05/22 03:25:56 UTC

[myrmidon] TypeDef requires libraries?

Hi,

I notice that you have changed the AbstractTypeDef class so that you can only
deploy from libraries and not from raw Classpath or similar. Was this
intentional or not?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

Re: [myrmidon] TypeDef requires libraries?

Posted by Adam Murdoch <ad...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 22 May 2002 11:25, Peter Donald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I notice that you have changed the AbstractTypeDef class so that you can
> only deploy from libraries and not from raw Classpath or similar. Was this
> intentional or not?

It does deploy from a classpath, it's just creating a Library wrapper for the
classpath.  This is so that it picks up the shared classloader and whatever
extensions are needed by jars in the classpath.  And because the deployer
only deploys from a Library (for now).

The deployment stuff still needs a fair bit of tidy-up.  I'm only half done
with cleaning this stuff up, to fit better between the library stuff on one
side, and the namespace stuff on the other.  It should all end up being
simpler than it currently is.

--
Adam