Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Will Noble <wn...@google.com.INVALID> on 2022/06/07 22:03:56 UTC

Avatica server HTTP prefix

Hello,

I've searched around the code, but it's difficult to know whether I've
failed to find what I'm looking for because it doesn't exist, or because I
just failed to find it, so I was hoping somebody could confirm my hunch
that this is to-be-implemented.

I'm setting up an Avatica server behind a load balancer using Kubernetes
HTTP ingress rules. These rules do routing based on HTTP path prefixes
<https://kubernetes.io/docs/reference/generated/kubernetes-api/v1.19/#httpingresspath-v1beta1-networking-k8s-io>.
So, I need to configure the Avatica server to strip a constant, known path
prefix from all requests it receives before further processing. Is there a
good existing way to do this, or will it have to be implemented by me?

Thanks for any advice!

Will

Re: Avatica server HTTP prefix

Posted by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org>.
Hi Will,

Avatica does not have any functionality to do this. You will need to
produce your own build of Avatica with the appropriate middleware to
strip the path.

Depending on what you're using for Kubernentes ingress, perhaps ingress
can rewrite the url before passing that off the your avatica backends? I
think you might be able to do this if you use nginx as your ingress.

Francis