Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Steve Varnau <st...@esgyn.com> on 2016/05/31 17:09:33 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Trafodion 2.0.0 (incubating)

Hello,

This is a call to vote on releasing Apache Trafodion 2.0.0-incubating
(Release Candidate 3).

The trafodion community has approved RC3 for release.
Vote result:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-trafodion-dev/201605.mb
ox/%3Cebe8936d36c9cedc2fbf65a94e6c5cbf%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Or in Pony Mail: https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/Zl1sh41t2mahwox

Voting thread:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-trafodion-dev/201605.mb
ox/%3C85e78601a290f595707ee81d033c6b4c%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Release artifacts:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/trafodion/trafodion-2.0.0
-RC3
Artifacts are signed with my key (7F14AF20), which is in
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/trafodion/KEYS
This is the first release we are including convenience binaries built from
the source code artifact.

The tag for this candidate is "2.0.0rc3". Git repository:
git://git.apache.org/incubator-trafodion.git
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-trafodion.git;a=tag;h=
1a8942ceeee91e58212968d94478db18005568f4

The JIRA release notes:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318620&
version=12333044

Instructions for
Setting up build environment:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Create+Build+Environ
ment
Building:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Build+Source

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Please vote by Friday, June 3, Noon Pacific Time (7pm UTC).

Thank you,
--Steve

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Trafodion 2.0.0 (incubating)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Looking at the openssl issue, I want to figure out why we are statically
> linking the libraries.  If there is a key reason it needs to be static
> rather than dynamically linked, then I'll want to go to legal-discuss and
> ask whether we can distribute it, given license changes in the works.

Given the 4 clause BSD license is most likely category X I think the only way you can have it as a dependancy is if it is an optional one. [1] Dynamically linking it would be one way of doing that. (But INAL so again it may be good to check on legal discuss.)

> the expedient thing is to go ahead with this release, minus the client binary.

That works for me and you have my +1 for that.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#optional

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Trafodion 2.0.0 (incubating)

Posted by Steve Varnau <st...@esgyn.com>.
Stian,

Thanks for the note. Since it says 5002 "applies to software containing or
designed for use with encryption software", means that we would add our dist
directory even if we do not bundle OpenSSL, but merely have code that links
with it?

--Steve

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Steve Varnau <st...@esgyn.com>.
Justin,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

[...]

I would also remove the GPL license text from the server’s LICENSE file to make it clear which license it’s included under. If something is dual licensed you select which licence you want to use.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

It looks good to me.

Regards
JB

On 05/31/2016 07:09 PM, Steve Varnau wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is a call to vote on releasing Apache Trafodion 2.0.0-incubating
> (Release Candidate 3).
>
> The trafodion community has approved RC3 for release.
> Vote result:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-trafodion-dev/201605.mb
> ox/%3Cebe8936d36c9cedc2fbf65a94e6c5cbf%40mail.gmail.com%3E
> Or in Pony Mail: https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/Zl1sh41t2mahwox
>
> Voting thread:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-trafodion-dev/201605.mb
> ox/%3C85e78601a290f595707ee81d033c6b4c%40mail.gmail.com%3E
>
> Release artifacts:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/trafodion/trafodion-2.0.0
> -RC3
> Artifacts are signed with my key (7F14AF20), which is in
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/trafodion/KEYS
> This is the first release we are including convenience binaries built from
> the source code artifact.
>
> The tag for this candidate is "2.0.0rc3". Git repository:
> git://git.apache.org/incubator-trafodion.git
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-trafodion.git;a=tag;h=
> 1a8942ceeee91e58212968d94478db18005568f4
>
> The JIRA release notes:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318620&
> version=12333044
>
> Instructions for
> Setting up build environment:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Create+Build+Environ
> ment
> Building:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Build+Source
>
> [ ] +1 approve
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Please vote by Friday, June 3, Noon Pacific Time (7pm UTC).
>
> Thank you,
> --Steve

Jean-Baptiste Onofr�
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Trafodion 2.0.0 (incubating)

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

So far I've checked in the source release: signatures and digests, source
releases file layouts, matched git tags and commit ids, incubator suffix
and disclaimer, build sources in a clean environment (openjdk 1.8.0_91 on
debian 64bits).

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 7:09 PM, Steve Varnau <st...@esgyn.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This is a call to vote on releasing Apache Trafodion 2.0.0-incubating
> (Release Candidate 3).
>
> The trafodion community has approved RC3 for release.
> Vote result:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-trafodion-dev/201605.mb
> ox/%3Cebe8936d36c9cedc2fbf65a94e6c5cbf%40mail.gmail.com%3E
> Or in Pony Mail: https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/Zl1sh41t2mahwox
>
> Voting thread:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-trafodion-dev/201605.mb
> ox/%3C85e78601a290f595707ee81d033c6b4c%40mail.gmail.com%3E
>
> Release artifacts:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/trafodion/trafodion-2.0.0
> -RC3
> Artifacts are signed with my key (7F14AF20), which is in
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/trafodion/KEYS
> This is the first release we are including convenience binaries built from
> the source code artifact.
>
> The tag for this candidate is "2.0.0rc3". Git repository:
> git://git.apache.org/incubator-trafodion.git
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-trafodion.git;a=tag;h=
> 1a8942ceeee91e58212968d94478db18005568f4
>
> The JIRA release notes:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318620&
> version=12333044
>
> Instructions for
> Setting up build environment:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Create+Build+Environ
> ment
> Building:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Build+Source
>
> [ ] +1 approve
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Please vote by Friday, June 3, Noon Pacific Time (7pm UTC).
>
> Thank you,
> --Steve

Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager