Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Mark Lowe <ma...@talk21.com> on 2004/02/07 11:58:50 UTC

[OT] Thoughts on Maven

Hello

I saw a few months ago your efforts moving struts over to maven, I've
been reading up on maven a while now and I noticed that some of you had
the same reservations as I do as to its usefulness over plain use of
ant.

Has anyone any thoughts and insights now into when to use or not to,
whether maven is the canine's genitalia or whether it introduces a new
layer of complication thats not really worth it? Estimations on time to
get to grips with maven for building projects already using ant and
xdoclet? You know the sort of thing.

Just interested.

Many thanks

Mark