Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by ja...@opensource.lk on 2004/07/21 09:49:48 UTC

Project Report - Sandesha

Project Report – Sandesha

I would like to discuss under the following headings.

§	What we have done so far
§	Current Situation

What we have done so far:

After the first implementation Sandesha was restructured with a new
architecture to support the new WS-RM specification published in 2004.
With the new architecture Sandesha was mainly implemented as a new
Provider so that it can handle the   requests more manageably.

With these new improvements Sandesha participated for the WS-RM inter-op
workshop held May 12 and 13th 2004 at BEA's San Francisco office. The
workshop was mainly focusing on the set of scenarios specified by the
inter-op group to test the interoperation between the different
implementations of WS-RM. Other participants for the above inter-op
workshop were IBM, Microsoft and BEA. Sandesha was able to interoperate
considerably with these implementations. The inter-op session has helped
us to identify the defects in Sandesha and also the possible improvements.

Current Situation:

Currently we are expecting to modify Sandesha to support the entire set of
inter-op scenarios and to enhance the code. Some limitations were also
identified due to the lack of support for asynchronous messaging in Axis.

I am currently working full time on Sandesha through Lanka Software
Foundation (LSF) and few others will join soon. So hope we will keep on
improving Sandesha.

Related Links:

WS-ReliableMessaging Specification:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnglobspec/html/ws-reliablemessaging.asp

WS-RM Inter-op Scenarios:
ftp://www6.software.ibm.com/software/developer/library/ws-rmscenario.doc

Lanka Software Foundation (LSF)
http://www.opensource.lk/index.htm

Thanks,

Jaliya Ekanayake

Re: Project Report - Sandesha

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net>.
Right on!  Congrats to the Sandesha team.  Glad to hear about the interop
testing, and that the LSF continues to grow.

 	Brian