Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2010/11/23 13:55:40 UTC

Commits list is active

Just to let everyone know, the commits@ws.apache.org list is now active.
For those that are interested in the commit notices, please make sure you
subscribe to that list as they will no longer come here.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Commits list is active

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Can we not add all commiters automatically?

http://samisa-abeysinghe.blogspot.com/

Re: Commits list is active

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 17:32, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sunday 28 November 2010 8:57:11 am Andreas Veithen wrote:

>> > I believe that has now changed.   I THINK (I'll try and verify) that
>> > messages from *@apache.org accounts are now automatically moderated
>> > through for commits lists.   I think that changed sometime last year.
>>
>> Dan, did you get the time to test this?
>
> Didn't test it, but Joe did confirm that the commits lists automatically allow
> *@apache.org addresses without moderation.   Thus, the committers don't need
> to be subscribesd.
>
> That said, I still recommend people subscribing and reviewing the commits.
> That's part of the oversight that the board expects.

s/recommended/required/ (except maybe people who for some reason
become inactive over an extended period of time)

Re: Commits list is active

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Re: Commits list is active

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Commits list is active

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Re: Commits list is active

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Commits list is active

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
<an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ... and for all committers, please make sure that you are subscribed
> ***with your apache.org address*** to that list before doing any
> commits.

Why?

--
I Am What I Am And That's All What I Yam (Popeye)

Re: Commits list is active

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.