Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Randahl Fink Isaksen <ra...@rockit.dk> on 2005/07/20 21:56:20 UTC

How to iterate without generating table markup?

Let us say the reference #{cutomer.phoneNumbers} refers to a set of
phoneNumbers then how do you output these phone numbers WITHOUT
generating markup?

My problem is, if I use the h:dataTable tag it will generate table
markup in the output HTML, and I just want to iterate over the set and
output the raw phone number strings. h:dataTable will create something like

But I am trying to create this

+45 12345678, +45 12345678, +45 12345678

I know that I am not supposed to iterate by using the often
JSF-incompatible JSTL tags, so could anyone give me a clue to what the
alternative is?

Any hints would be highly appreciated.

Randahl

Re: How to iterate without generating table markup?

Posted by Randahl Fink Isaksen <ra...@rockit.dk>.
Thanks - exactly what I was looking for - I simply had not noticed that
the x:dataList had a simple rendering mode. Great!

R.

Posted by Mathias Broekelmann <mb...@PSI.DE>.
Take a look at the x:datalist component:

http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/dataList.html

Randahl Fink Isaksen schrieb:
> Let us say the reference #{cutomer.phoneNumbers} refers to a set of
> phoneNumbers then how do you output these phone numbers WITHOUT
> generating markup?
>
> My problem is, if I use the h:dataTable tag it will generate table
> markup in the output HTML, and I just want to iterate over the set and
> output the raw phone number strings. h:dataTable will create something like
>
> But I am trying to create this
>
> +45 12345678, +45 12345678, +45 12345678
>
> I know that I am not supposed to iterate by using the often
> JSF-incompatible JSTL tags, so could anyone give me a clue to what the
> alternative is?
>
> Any hints would be highly appreciated.
>
> Randahl

Re: How to iterate without generating table markup?

Posted by De...@ak.blm.gov.
Take a look at the c:forEach tag in JSTL and let Mr. FacesServlet go home
early for the day.