Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Senthilkumar Peelikkampatti <se...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/22 03:45:29 UTC

retrieving list of document

This is about view query, in order to avoid bulking up the document, I am
thinking of emitting (doc.title, null), and I can use

   1. include_doc=true to retrieve the document OR
   2. later fire more requests to get actual document

however step 1 has one caveat. It slows things down but not sure how much it
slows down but when my work load would normally be 95% fetching from these
queries. Other option is not including include_doc and later issuing one
more query with retrieved list of documents. But CouchDb lacks API which
accepts lists of document ids and return only those document somthing
similar to "in" clause in SQL. Considering couchdb lacks specific list type
api I am going with step 1 in oder to avoid  multiple round trip. Am I
missing something?

Senthilkumar Peelikkampatti,
http://pmsenthilkumar.blogspot.com/

Re: retrieving list of document

Posted by Mark Hammond <sk...@gmail.com>.
On 22/11/2009 1:45 PM, Senthilkumar Peelikkampatti wrote:
> But CouchDb lacks API which
> accepts lists of document ids and return only those document somthing
> similar to "in" clause in SQL. Considering couchdb lacks specific list type
> api I am going with step 1 in oder to avoid  multiple round trip. Am I
> missing something?

It sounds like you are looking for the _all_docs view with keys= in a
post body?  See http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_view_API for more info.

Cheers,

Mark