Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/20 00:17:00 UTC

Problem with a StackOverflowError

Hi,

We were using an old revision of TRUNK (like February) and we switched to
the latest stable release (Hadoop 0.16.3 et HBase 0.1.1) since we want to go
in production. Problem is, when we started the master we got this problem :

2008-04-19 17:07:00,006 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster: Can not start
master
Method)
        at
        at
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster.doMain(HMaster.java:3329)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster.main(HMaster.java:3363)
Caused by: java.lang.StackOverflowError
        at java.net.URI$Parser.charAt(URI.java:2837)
        at java.net.URI$Parser.scan(URI.java:2911)
        at java.net.URI$Parser.parseHierarchical(URI.java:3065)
        at java.net.URI$Parser.parse(URI.java:3024)
        at java.net.URI.<init>(URI.java:578)
        at java.net.URI.create(URI.java:840)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.getNamed(FileSystem.java:122)

And the last 3 lines are repeated something like 333 times. We tried to
revert to the old version but it won't budge. We, for sure, formated HDFS
but nothing changed...

Anyone else saw that kind of error?

Thx,

Jean-Daniel

Re: Problem with a StackOverflowError

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
You had a HBASE-575 moment Jean-Daniel (smile).   Its fixed in 0.1.2
which should be out pretty soon -- week or so.
St.Ack

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by stack <sa...@gmail.com>.