Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Matthew Langham <ml...@s-und-n.de> on 2002/02/26 18:00:53 UTC

XML-RPC and Cocoon (Was: How To map:generate XML that has been retrieved from Java without using XSP)

Hi Kevin,

Is there a way I can configure a reflection based action or generator to
call an XML-RPC service by xml configuration utilizing request parameters?
<<
a tough one. But then again maybe not.

What you would need is a Transformer that can call an XML-RPC service based
on request parameters it is passed - right?

Something like:

<cocoon:call-xml-rpc>
  <target>http://myserver/xyzservice</target>
  <methodName>examples.getStateName</methodName>
   <params>
      <param>
         <value><i4>41</i4></value>
      </param>
   </params>
</cocoon:call-xml-rpc>

The Transformer would then take this and call the service and pipe the
response back into the pipeline.

Is this something like what you were thinking?

I think we should now move this over to cocoon-dev - because as yet there is
no xml-rpc transformer or similar and I would love to hear what others
think.

That being said - we should implement something like this ASAP. Or is there
something out there?

Matthew

Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  mlangham@s-und-n.de - http://www.s-und-n.de
           Weblogging at: http://www.need-a-cake.com