Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by rpcee <rp...@operamail.com> on 2001/11/26 14:50:02 UTC

xalan/xerces 2

if I run the attached Simple.java against Simple.xml with xalan 2 D13, and the
xerces that comes with xalan, I get the expected output (an identity
transform). If I run it with xerces 2B3, I get:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root>&#13;
</root>

it's the &#13; I'm confused about. I guess there's a CR coming in somewhere.

(I posted to xerces because it's changing xerces.jar that causes the problem).

If I use new StreamSource(String) rather than new
StreamSource(FileInputStream) I don't get the &#13;

Running on Win2000 JDK1.3.1

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

thanks, Rich.