Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Alex <my...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/15 03:03:59 UTC

AXB_X_FF_SEZ_S not fired

Hi,

AXB_X_FF_SEZ_S is a rule that fires when the X-Forefront-Antispam-Report
header is found. I have a sample which has this header, yet the rule
doesn't fire, and wondered if someone could help me figure out why:

http://pastebin.com/vRQXxgJH

I'm using spamassassin-3.4, and I tested it on another spam (from the
quarantine, where it had already fired) and it was triggered there just
fine.

##{ AXB_X_FF_SEZ_S
header          AXB_X_FF_SEZ_S          X-Forefront-Antispam-Report =~
/^SFV\:SPM/
describe        AXB_X_FF_SEZ_S          Forefront sez this is spam
##} AXB_X_FF_SEZ_S
##{ AXB_X_FF_SEZ_S if (version >= 3.004000)
if (version >= 3.004000)
tflags          AXB_X_FF_SEZ_S          autolearn_force
endif
##} AXB_X_FF_SEZ_S if (version >= 3.004000)

This is also one of those short-body URI spams, so I hoped it would have
been caught just based on that, so ideas on what else is missing would also
be appreciated...

Thanks,
Alex

Re: AXB_X_FF_SEZ_S not fired

Posted by Alex <my...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

>> This is a sandbox rule which was autopromoted/published by sa-update.
>> Due to lack of hits I removed it and re-added back yesterday.
>> It may be republished if masschecks decide it is worth it.
>

> Ok.  I didn't recognize the prefix and didn't find it in my rules
directory, so I assumed it was custom.

> Since you removed it, it is possible that the rule wasn't hitting for the
OP because he ran sa_update
> and the rule was removed.

Thanks for your help. There was in fact a difference in rules on two
separate systems. It also helped me find a potential configuration issue
with updates, so appreciate that.

Thanks,
Alex

Re: AXB_X_FF_SEZ_S not fired

Posted by Bowie Bailey <Bo...@BUC.com>.

--
Bowie

Re: AXB_X_FF_SEZ_S not fired

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 08/15/2014 10:07 PM, Bowie Bailey wrote:
> On 8/15/2014 3:05 PM, Alex wrote:
>> Hi,

>> X-Forefront-Antispam-Report header is found. I have a sample which has
>> this header, yet the rule doesn't fire, and wondered if someone could
>> help me figure out why:

>> the quarantine, where it had already fired) and it was triggered there
>> just fine.

>> /^SFV\:SPM/

>> have been caught just based on that, so ideas on what else is missing
>> would also be appreciated...
>> >

>> > Works for me.  I added your rule and tested it against your sample...
>> >
>> >         *  1.0 AXB_X_FF_SEZ_S Forefront sez this is spam
>> >
>> > Are you sure you put the rule in the right place and reloaded spamd?
>>
>> Thanks for checking for me. This is even when running spamassassin -t
>> directly.
>>
>> Hmm.. I'm looking at it more closely, and even the rule as it appears
>> above, and it has no score.
>>
>> What file is the score supposed to be in, 72_scores.cf
>> <http://72_scores.cf>? My 72_scores.cf <http://72_scores.cf> is dated
>> Jul 28th.
>>
>> # ls -l 72_scores.cf <http://72_scores.cf>
>> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8174 Jul 28 04:49 72_scores.cf
>> <http://72_scores.cf>
>> # md5sum 72_scores.cf <http://72_scores.cf>
>> 9f82b967a373e44a373c3be30ad21e23 72_scores.cf <http://72_scores.cf>
>
> This isn't one of the stock rules, so it shouldn't be in that file (or
> directory).  The files there (/var/lib/spamassassin/3.004000/ on my
> system) are stock rules and any manual changes will be squashed by
> sa_update.
>
> Custom rules (and their scores) should go in local.cf (or another *.cf
> file) in your local rules directory (/etc/mail/spamassassin/ on my system).
>
> Rules with no score assigned are automatically scored at 1.0.

This is a sandbox rule which was autopromoted/published by sa-update.
Due to lack of hits I removed it and re-added back yesterday.
It may be republished if masschecks decide it is worth it.

Axb

Re: AXB_X_FF_SEZ_S not fired

Posted by Bowie Bailey <Bo...@BUC.com>.

Re: AXB_X_FF_SEZ_S not fired

Posted by Alex <my...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

>> AXB_X_FF_SEZ_S is a rule that fires when the X-Forefront-Antispam-Report
header is found. I have a sample which has this header, yet the rule
doesn't fire, and wondered if someone could help me figure out why:

>> http://pastebin.com/vRQXxgJH
>>
>> I'm using spamassassin-3.4, and I tested it on another spam (from the
quarantine, where it had already fired) and it was triggered there just
fine.

>> ##{ AXB_X_FF_SEZ_S
>> header          AXB_X_FF_SEZ_S X-Forefront-Antispam-Report =~ /^SFV\:SPM/
>> describe        AXB_X_FF_SEZ_S          Forefront sez this is spam
>> ##} AXB_X_FF_SEZ_S
>> ##{ AXB_X_FF_SEZ_S if (version >= 3.004000)
>> if (version >= 3.004000)
>> tflags          AXB_X_FF_SEZ_S          autolearn_force
>> endif
>> ##} AXB_X_FF_SEZ_S if (version >= 3.004000)
>>
>> This is also one of those short-body URI spams, so I hoped it would have
been caught just based on that, so ideas on what else is missing would also
be appreciated...

> Works for me.  I added your rule and tested it against your sample...
>
>         *  1.0 AXB_X_FF_SEZ_S Forefront sez this is spam
>
> Are you sure you put the rule in the right place and reloaded spamd?

Thanks for checking for me. This is even when running spamassassin -t
directly.

Hmm.. I'm looking at it more closely, and even the rule as it appears
above, and it has no score.

What file is the score supposed to be in, 72_scores.cf? My 72_scores.cf is
dated Jul 28th.

# ls -l 72_scores.cf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8174 Jul 28 04:49 72_scores.cf
# md5sum 72_scores.cf

Re: AXB_X_FF_SEZ_S not fired

Posted by Bowie Bailey <Bo...@BUC.com>.