Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Michael McGrady <mi...@michaelmcgrady.com> on 2004/05/16 17:48:14 UTC

Taglibs Chinese

I am trying to use the image tags from Commons sandbox taglibs.  I am
trying to use them with Chinese.  The Western European languages work fine
with them, but the same thing does not work with Chinese.  I am doing the
following, in essence:

// Welcome in Chinese
String original = new String("\u6b22\u8fce");

and
// "Welcome" in Chinese
String original = new String("\u6b22\u8fce");
byte[] utf8Bytes = original.getBytes("UTF8");
original = new String(utf8Bytes,"UTF8");

Neither works.  I just get the proverbial square boxes on the resultant
images.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Michael