Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Martin Jericho <ma...@jabcreative.com> on 2002/06/27 01:52:52 UTC

Streaming RPC calls?

I need to implement a web service that can send/receive large amounts of
data in a single call (maybe tens of MB).

Does RPC allow me easily to stream an incoming array so I don't have
everything sitting in memory?

Is this done by writing a custom serializer/deserializer?

Would it be easier outside of the RPC framework?

I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Re: Streaming RPC calls?

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
> I need to implement a web service that can send/receive large amounts of
> data in a single call (maybe tens of MB).

ooh. XML or binary

> Does RPC allow me easily to stream an incoming array so I don't have
> everything sitting in memory?
>
> Is this done by writing a custom serializer/deserializer?
>
> Would it be easier outside of the RPC framework?

probably. I dont think anyone has tried that big on axis.

> I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

well, MS say DIME, but not that many implementations outside (or inside) the
MS ones handle it; Soap With Attachements the alternative. Try sending a
20MB attachment and see what happens.