Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by armandoxxx <ar...@dropchop.com> on 2010/11/04 14:22:45 UTC

Nested forms onSubmit() question ...

Hey wicket ppl ...

Is there any beforeSubmit() event like method available on Form.

I need it cause I have nested forms and only one form is allowed to store
data in the database, so if I had a method beforeSubmit() all my nested
forms could send data to the root form and root form would submit it to the
database. I also though of it because I was looking at sources of Form class
and nested forms onSubmit() method gets called after main form onSubmit() is
executed, so In my case data is first stored into database and after that
nested forms provide data to the main form to be stored in database.

So either I implement procesing on my own (which I really wouldn't like to
do, cause it's allready there (validation, processing, etc...)) or is there
a beforeSubmit() kinda way available and I can't find it anywhere ...

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Armando

Re: Nested forms onSubmit() question ...

Posted by armandoxxx <ar...@dropchop.com>.
Just a feature request:

- beforeSubmit() method on Form would be usefull
- make it configurable order of onSubmit() method calls
(SUBMIT_NESTED_FIRST, SUBMIT_NESTED_LAST)

Posted by armandoxxx <ar...@dropchop.com>.
Hey

well ... that's also the way to do it .. thanks for idea ...

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <ad...@ciseonweb.it>.
Hi Armando,

have you tried calling method visitChildren(Form.class, visitor) in the
main onSubmit? Maybe this could help you to gather  children's data
before submit root form.

Bye.