Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Vikram Koka <vi...@astronomer.io> on 2020/12/01 03:54:52 UTC

[Meeting Notes] Airflow 2.0 Dev Call #15 - 30 Nov 2020

Hi all,

Here are the notes from our Airflow 2.0 dev call earlier today. Thank you
all who joined the call.

To all those who attended, can you please double-check and add if I missed
something?
To those who did not join, please voice your opinion if you disagree with
anything in the summary or from the notes.
Also, please feel free to suggest anything to add to the agenda for next
week.

Here is a quick summary from the call.

   - *Bridge release  *
      - Airflow 1.10.14 to be built this week and released next week.
   - *Upgrade Checks*
      - First version of upgrade-check released last week.Additional checks
      and enhancements being added.
   - *Airflow DB upgrade*
      - The topic of Airflow Database migration was brought up and
      discussed.
      - We agreed that it would be ideal to recommend this approach for
      upgrading from 1.10.14 to 2.0, but we need to add a FAQ around how long
      this database upgrade would take and what possible steps could
be taken to
      reduce this time.
      - Vikram to add issues to capture FAQs as discussed.
   - *Airflow 2.0 Release Candidate*:
      - Overall feedback on Airflow 2.0 core is positive, but polishing and
      documentation cleanup still needed.
      - Targeting RC1 build creation to start in the middle of next week.
   - *Milestone Issue Cleanup*
      - Issues currently tagged for 2.0 RC1 should be cleaned up.
      - Those which are not core such as Providers or upgrade scripts,
      should be tagged for those milestones rather than the 2.0 core RC1
      milestone.
      - All of us to do this cleanup this week and review any open items
      next Monday.

Detailed notes are here.
*Doc Link*:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Meeting+Notes#MeetingNotes-#15:30Nov2020
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Meeting+Notes#MeetingNotes-%2315:30Nov2020>

I have also updated the main 2.0 planning page to reflect the updated plan
from our meeting today.
*Doc Link*:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Airflow+2.0+-+Planning

Best regards,

Vikram

Re: [Meeting Notes] Airflow 2.0 Dev Call #15 - 30 Nov 2020

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.
HEy Everyone,

I created '2.0' milestone for all those things that can be done after
actual RC release - and I review remaining RC issues and move such issues
there.

J.

--

Jarek Potiuk