Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Linda Derezinski <li...@sclrules.com> on 2000/02/21 16:49:55 UTC

xalan c++ problems in StylesheetRoot::process

Hello,

I am trying to incorporate xalan and xerces into my c++ application.  I am
using the "live" cvs versions from 8pm 2/17/00 of both xalan and xerces.  My
environment is NT 4.0 workstation sp6 VC++ 6.0.  I am able to successfully
build and run testxslt with the following command line:

Testxslt -in file:///e:\test\myxml.xml <file:///e:\test\myxml.xml>  -xsl
file:///e:\test\myxsl.xsl <file:///e:\test\myxsl.xsl>  -out e:\test\out.txt
-text

Out.txt is correctly converted, so I think my environment is a happy place.

I took 95% of process.cpp from testxslt and am trying to incorporate it into
my application.  With the same input, xsl and output files the dynamic cast
is failing in
StylesheetRoot::process on line FormatterListener* pFL =
dynamic_cast<FormatterListener *>(outputTarget.getDocumentHandler());

Has anyone seen this before?

I am thinking that it's a compile time mistake setting up the VC project.
Did I miss anything to support xerces or xalan?

Starting with a WIN32 Console application I made the following project
settings changes:

C/C++ tab: Code Generation: Use run-time library multithreaded
                 Preprocessor :  Preprocessor definitions:
_MBCS,XALAN_XERCES
	     Preprocessor:   Additional include directories:
e:\xml_xerces\c\src, e:\xml_xalan\c\src
Link tab:     Object/Library modules: xerces-c_1.lib PlatformSupport.lib
XercesPlatformSupport.lib XPath.lib XMLSupport.lib DOMSupport.lib XSLT.lib
XercesParserLiaison.lib

Thanks in advance

Linda Derezinski
Interface & Control Systems

RE: xalan c++ problems in StylesheetRoot::process UPDATED INFO

Posted by Linda Derezinski <li...@sclrules.com>.
Sorry to reply to my own e-mail, but I gave the wrong error message a place
of occurrence  The mistake below was not setting RTTI information.
The error I am getting is:

"The value of ESP was not properly saved across a function call."
Which is happening in  Xpath::execute on line const PrefixResolver* const
theSavedResolver =executionContext.getPrefixResolver();

Linda Derezinski
Interface & Control Systems