Posted to cactus-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com> on 2003/02/02 00:02:23 UTC

major build refactoring

Hi,

FYI. I'd like to commit a major build refactoring that I have finished
on my local machine. It involves:

* Factorized common build parts into build-common.xml and normalized the
builds
* Added "release" target to all builds
* Moved the sample-servlet and sample-jetty to samples/servlet and
samples/jetty
* Moved the web site upload to the documentation build
* Simplified to the extreme the main Cactus build.xml and removed the
build-admin.xml scripts
* Removed some Ant tasks that were in anttasks/ as they are now in the
Ant Petal
* The Servlet Sample is now using the Ant Petal
* Some other cosmetic changes

Several remaining issues/todos:

* The Ant Petal for J2EE 1.2 is not yet working
* The Sample Servlet tests fail for
TestJspTagLifecycle.testOutTagDefaultBody
* The builds have NOT been tested yet with J2EE API 1.2 (they have with
J2EE 1.3)
* The Gump build is probably not working at all as I haven't tested it
(I'll correct it as I receive Gump email notifications of errors)
* The Clover report is currently broken (i.e. not generated)
* The sample-jetty build needs to be put in line with the new build
system and use the new Ant Petal
* Scripts for Tomcat 3.x need to be added to the Ant Petal

I'd like to commit this before Monday (as otherwise it may cause some
havoc to the other committers. In addition, I don't want to have to
perform merges all the time...).

Unless you see any real issue, I'm proposing to commit this tomorrow
(Sunday). In the meantime I'll continue to work on the remaining issues.

Thanks
-Vincent

RE: major build refactoring (updates)

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Some updates (see below).

> FYI. I'd like to commit a major build refactoring that I have finished
> on my local machine. It involves:
>
> * Factorized common build parts into build-common.xml and normalized
the
> builds
> * Added "release" target to all builds
> * Moved the sample-servlet and sample-jetty to samples/servlet and
> samples/jetty
> * Moved the web site upload to the documentation build
> * Simplified to the extreme the main Cactus build.xml and removed the
> build-admin.xml scripts
> * Removed some Ant tasks that were in anttasks/ as they are now in the
> Ant Petal
> * The Servlet Sample is now using the Ant Petal
> * Some other cosmetic changes
>
> Several remaining issues/todos:
>
> * The Ant Petal for J2EE 1.2 is not yet working

it now works.

> * The Sample Servlet tests fail for
> TestJspTagLifecycle.testOutTagDefaultBody

it now works.

> * The builds have NOT been tested yet with J2EE API 1.2 (they have
with
> J2EE 1.3)

tested ok

> * The Gump build is probably not working at all as I haven't tested it
> (I'll correct it as I receive Gump email notifications of errors)
> * The Clover report is currently broken (i.e. not generated)
> * The sample-jetty build needs to be put in line with the new build
> system and use the new Ant Petal
> * Script for Tomcat 3.x need to be added to the Ant Petal

Script added. However, I get a strange error while running Tomcat 3.3.1.
Not sure why yet (some flushbuffer() jasper error).

New:

* WL 7.x script has been tested and works (for JDK < 1.4)

Other issues:

* Pb of order in Sample Servlet test cases (one of the test must run
before the other but this is not currently possible with the Ant Petal)
* WL 6.x script needs to be tested

[snip]

-Vincent