Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Charles Lee <li...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/12 11:06:57 UTC

[eut] something about EUT pdebuild

Hi guys,

I am investigating the pdebuild EUT test and fall in confusion. There is a
fail test called testBug114510, and the fail reason is the java.lang.Object
can not find when using hdk. Another thing is when I try to use ant to build
a build.xml, which contains a javac target, the build fail and returns :
"Unable to find a javac compiler;
com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK.
It is currently set to
"/home/lee/workspace/harmony/All/trunk/target/hdk/jdk/jre"
The JAVA_HOME I set is
"/home/lee/workspace/harmony/All/trunk/target/hdk/jdk/".

Any idea about this?

--
Yours sincerely,
Charles Lee

Re: [eut] something about EUT pdebuild

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.
In message <4A...@gmail.com>, Regis writes:

> Charles Lee wrote:
> > Thanks Mark.
> > Just a glance at these two files, it seems tools.jar under jdk/lib contains
> > the tools.jar under jdk/jre/lib. I am running the ant test simply by
> > renaming tools.jar to tools.jar.back under the jdk/jre/lib.
>
> Does anything under jdk/jre/bin depend on jar jdk/jre/lib/tool.jar? If not,
> maybe we can safely delete it.

Yes, of course things depend on it otherwise we wouldn't have it.  The
jre tools depend on it.  We can't delete it, but perhaps we can rename
it to jretools.jar so ant is not confused by it.

-Mark.

Re: [eut] something about EUT pdebuild

Posted by Regis <xu...@gmail.com>.

--