Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Matt Wiseley <ma...@wiseley.com> on 2003/02/25 19:53:04 UTC

counting sent mail

In the interest of keeping users of a large mail system from sending spam
from the system (like you see with Yahoo Mail, for example), has anyone
implemented a mailet to count and limit the number of messages a user can
send in the course of a day or week? For example, few email users would ever
need to send more than 200 messages per day, but this limit would make the
system almost useless for spamming.

Matt

Re: counting sent mail

Posted by Matt Wiseley <ma...@wiseley.com>.
I'll be needing this, yes... so if nobody else has built it, I will.

Thanks for the Wiki link, I'll add it.

-m

RE: counting sent mail