Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Pe...@ubs.com on 2006/11/13 19:14:19 UTC

Trying Quickly build Archiva

Hi

Trying to build Archiva because there is no binaries available.

What are the correct repositories?

278K downloaded
Downloading:
https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository/commons-conf
iguration/jars/commons-configuration-1.3.jar
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Error transferring file
  commons-configuration:commons-configuration:jar:1.3

from the specified remote repositories:
  codehaus.org (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org),
  java.net (https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository),
  apache.snapshots
(http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  apache-snapshots (http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository),
  codehaus-snapshots (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org)
Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.maven.archiva:archiva-security:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
        2)
org.codehaus.plexus.security:plexus-security-system:jar:1.0-alpha-6-S
NAPSHOT
        3)
org.codehaus.plexus.security:plexus-security-configuration:jar:1.0-al
pha-6-SNAPSHOT
        4) commons-configuration:commons-configuration:jar:1.3

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 1 minute 14 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Nov 13 17:21:47 GMT 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 15M/27M
[INFO]

Peter Pilgrim
UBS Investment Bank,
PTS Portal / IT FIRC OPS LDN,
100 Liverpool Street, London EC2M 2RH, United Kingdom
+44 (0) 20 75 75692
:: Java EE / E-Commerce / Enterprise Integration / Development ::

Visit our website at http://www.ubs.com

related financial instruments.

Re: Trying Quickly build Archiva

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
I deployed some days ago a snapshot of the webapp with some patchs applied
which aren't yet in the trunk :
http://people.apache.org/~aheritier/archiva/
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-211
If it can help ...

Arnaud

Posted by Tom Huybrechts <to...@gmail.com>.
If you are behing a proxy, this might be caused by the
https-repository that is added by the archiva POMs. Try adding cmdline
arguments: -Dhttps.proxyHost=... -Dhttps.proxyPort=...

Tom

Posted by Pe...@ubs.com.
==////==

> On 11/13/06, Peter.Pilgrim@ubs.com <Pe...@ubs.com> wrote:
>
> > I download all of the software from the required page as described.
> > The sun jars.
> > I cant see what is wrong there. It happens more than once in build
> > Archive Security Configuration project.
>
> The error you posted said it couldn't download
> commons-configuration 1.3, which is definitely available.
> Are you still getting the same error?  Does it download
> anything at all?
>
> (At this point I start suspecting you're behind a proxy,
> because we've seen numerous reports of problems when a proxy
> is involved.)
>
> Sorry I can't help more, but Archiva builds fine here.

Indeed it does, Wendy, I just download the dependencies and put them
into
the POM.

--
Peter Pilgrim
JUG Leader    ( JAVAWUG http://jroller.com/page/javawug )

       (             (     (  (           (
   (   )\    (   (   )\    )\))(   '   (  )\ )
   )((((_)(  )\  )((((_)( ((_)()\ )    )\(()/(
  ((_)\ _ )\((_)((_)\ _ )\_(())\_)()_ ((_)/(_))_
 _ | (_)_\(_) \ / /(_)_\(_) \((_)/ / | | (_)) __|
| || |/ _ \  \ V /  / _ \  \ \/\/ /| |_| | | (_ |
 \__//_/ \_\  \_/  /_/ \_\  \_/\_/  \___/   \___|

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 11/13/06, Peter.Pilgrim@ubs.com <Pe...@ubs.com> wrote:

> I download all of the software from the required page as described. The
> sun jars.
> I cant see what is wrong there. It happens more than once in build
> Archive Security
> Configuration project.

The error you posted said it couldn't download commons-configuration
1.3, which is definitely available.  Are you still getting the same
error?  Does it download anything at all?

(At this point I start suspecting you're behind a proxy, because we've
seen numerous reports of problems when a proxy is involved.)

Sorry I can't help more, but Archiva builds fine here.

--
Wendy

RE: Trying Quickly build Archiva

Posted by Pe...@ubs.com.
==////==

> On 11/13/06, Peter.Pilgrim@ubs.com <Pe...@ubs.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Trying to build Archiva because there is no binaries available.
> >
> > What are the correct repositories?
>
> > Error transferring file
> >   commons-configuration:commons-configuration:jar:1.3
>
> Did it happen more than once?  Commons Configuration should
> be available [1], but Archiva does require several jars that
> aren't in the public repositories, see this page for information:
>    http://maven.apache.org/archiva/guides/getting-started/index.html
>
> (And it has separate lists:
> http://maven.apache.org/archiva/mail-lists.html )
>
> [1]