Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Shehan Simen <ss...@itree.com.au> on 2009/01/30 00:30:50 UTC

maven eclipse work space resolution doesnot work

Hi all,
I'm using eclipse maven (m2) plugin. I have a maven project which has a parent maven project and another maven project. But when I  enable the work space resolution and run the project, I am getting a run time error that it cannot find the other dependent classes in other maven projects. So I have to disable the work space resolution to run the project (so it will copy the jars in to my lib). But when I need to debug, it is not possible as I cannot jump in to the code of other maven projects (or even to the parent project). How to solve this issue? Why the "enable work space resolution" does not work properly? Thanks in advance.

Re: maven eclipse work space resolution doesnot work

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
Hi,

First you should be aware there's a dedicated user list for M2E where more
users should be able to help.
Second, the workspace resolution works really fine for me, so at least it's
working for some use cases. So I guess we'll need more details about your
configuration to help you.

What Eclipse version are you using? What M2E version? What it the content of
you .classpath file? Are you using the embedded maven or an external
installation (see window/preferences/maven/installations)...

Cheers.

2009/1/30 Shehan Simen <ss...@itree.com.au>

> Hi all,
> I'm using eclipse maven (m2) plugin. I have a maven project which has a
> parent maven project and another maven project. But when I  enable the work
> space resolution and run the project, I am getting a run time error that it
> cannot find the other dependent classes in other maven projects. So I have
> to disable the work space resolution to run the project (so it will copy the
> jars in to my lib). But when I need to debug, it is not possible as I cannot
> jump in to the code of other maven projects (or even to the parent project).
> How to solve this issue? Why the "enable work space resolution" does not
> work properly? Thanks in advance.

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !