Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Jolly, Gautam" <ga...@spirent.com> on 2003/05/02 02:59:48 UTC

CoyoteRequestFacade raises a NullPointerException

We still haven't received any response to the initial email. Heres some more
information.

We are trying to load test our web-application using HttpUnit tests against
Tomcat-4.1.24. To do so, we create dozens of threads, each thread firing off
random HttpUnit tests. We have come across intermittent
NullPointerExceptions, while invoking operations on the request stream
inside the web application. On closer inspection, it seems like the the
clear() method of the CoyoteRequestFacade object (this is the tomcat
specific object implementing the HttpServletRequest interface) is being
fired, even while the request stream is in use. The clear() method is being
invoked by the CoyoteRequest.recycle() method.

Has anyone come across this problem?

Thanks,

Gautam