Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Tao Xiao <xi...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/20 08:11:47 UTC

Should we set the property "hbase.local.dir" to a list of directories on different disks to spread I/O?

Hi,

    To spread I/O on multiple disks of the HBase cluster, I set the
property "hbase.local.dir"  in hbase-site.xml to a comma-separated list of
directories on different disks as follows:

     <property>
                <name>hbase.local.dir</name>

<value>/storage/disk1/hbase.local.dir,/storage/disk2/hbase.local.dir,/storage/disk3/hbase.local.dir</value>
      </property>

is it right ?

Re: 答复: 答复: Should we set the property "hbase.local.dir" to a list of directories on different disks to spread I/O?

Posted by Tao Xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.
To all:

     Thank you all.

     Now I understand how to set "hbase.local.dir" and the reason

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.

Posted by Bharath Vissapragada <bh...@cloudera.com>.

--
Bharath Vissapragada
<http://www.cloudera.com>

答复: 答复: Should we set the property "hbase.local.dir" to a list of directories on different disks to spread I/O?

Posted by 谢良 <xi...@xiaomi.com>.
maybe you have a misunderstanding about "hbase.local.dir", please refer to HBASE-6824 for why it was introduced.

Re: 答复: Should we set the property "hbase.local.dir" to a list of directories on different disks to spread I/O?

Posted by Tao Xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 谢良 <xi...@xiaomi.com>.