Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by AJ <aj...@dude.podzone.net> on 2011/06/10 20:18:37 UTC

Where is the Overview Documentation on Counters?

I can't find any that gives an overview of their purpose/benefits/etc,
only how to code them.  I can only guess that they are more efficient
for some reason but don't know exactly why or exactly what conditions I
would choose to use them over a regular column.

Thanks!

Re: Where is the Overview Documentation on Counters?

Posted by Philippe <wa...@gmail.com>.
Ian,
Have you been able to measure the performance penalty of running at CL=ALL ?
Right now I'm spreading updates over such counter columns across workers so
they don't overlap keys and that way I don't go to CL=ALL but maybe that's
not worth it? Any input?

Thanks
Philippe

Posted by Ian Holsman <ha...@holsman.net>.