Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Mainguy, Mike" <MM...@kmart.com> on 2003/11/24 23:29:54 UTC

[OT] RE: DBCP - ReapingObjectPool

Just out of curiosity,
  What sort of situation do you have that objects get borrowed, but then
forgotten?  This is an interesting side-effect of pooling.

worse is better

Posted by Juan Ignacio Cidre <ji...@sib.interbanking.com.ar>.
Long story.
I got involved in a big-almost-finished project (arround 6.000 classes,
up to 15 levels of inheritance) 3 months ago to rework the core. It was
having problems. i.e. lost connections and never closed transactions,
concurrency problems, etc.
Replacing the home made ConnectionPool for a good one ;) was easy.
Now I'm dealing with the lost transactions.
In this (again) home-made framework, transaction commiting and closing
is a programmer responsability.
:(
I'm trying to do the same thing here since is exactly the same problem.
finallizers and try{}finally{} has some particular problems in this
framework.
N.