Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com> on 2007/09/07 22:53:44 UTC

A bit of spring in the tools

I'm working on adding Aegis support to java2ws. It seems to me that the
most straightforward path might be:

1)     give the java2ws container an application context.

2)     Read some stock bean definitions into it from a file in META-INF.

3)     Allow users to supply additional bean definitions via a
command-line argument.

4)     Pull binding objects out of the beans.

This would 'require spring' in the sense that the jars would be
required, but it wouldn't require anyone to ever make an XML file unless
they wanted a highly customized binding (like feeding Configuration
options to Aegis). Anything we do instead of Spring would be more or
less just as messy, so Occam's razor seems to favor this.

I'm coding an attempt at this and I'll post it to the aegis/java2ws
jira, and people can critique.