Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Noel Morgan <no...@mailspace.com> on 2001/06/26 19:39:35 UTC

IMAP taglib

Hi everyone,

I have written a simple imap taglibrary. I am pretty new to java/jsp and the
jakarta project, but I am very excited about this technology. If anybody is
interested in the source to my taglib I would be more than happy to
contribute this code.

Here is url to a sample of part of the functionality this tag has:

http://www.preseller.com/imapLogin.jsp

I only have access to imap servers that are cyrus style directory hierarchy,
so I am in need of assistance to make this more applicable to other mail
servers.

It would also take very little effort to add POP support.

I make no claims as to the quality of my code, as I am very new to this, but
I would really like to learn and contribute.

Please let me know where to send the code if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
Noel

Move your email to a better address.
Over 1,000 domains to choose from! FREE! PRIVATE!
http://www.MailSpace.com

Re: IMAP taglib

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>.
A tag library for accessing email via imap or pop would be handy for
those who want to implement a web based email gateway.

Here is a link to information on how to get involved:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/getinvolved.html

The best way for you to let other jakarta-taglib developers
review the source would be to make it available for download
at the web site where your example is located as a zip and/or
tar.gz archive.

Any code you contribute would need to use the Apache Software
Foundation license.

Regards,

Glenn

Re: IMAP taglib

Posted by franciscallo <fr...@thefrancis.net>.
Hi,

	Im Francis, im currently working on a "store taglib" that can retrieve
mail from a server both pop3 and imap4 and share it here in
jakarta-taglib ;) its still under development. Regarding your taglib
correct me if im wrong, as long as the email server support  RFC 2060
for imap4 and RFC 1939 for pop3 it would work but i havent tried it yet
unless you did something different like implementing stuff for
cyrus-imap alone. anyways if you need asistance with your taglib i will
be happy to help you and learn too... ;)

OpenSource Rulesssss!!!
Francis

Re: IMAP taglib

Posted by Sameer Bhardwaj <sa...@timesgroup.com>.
Hi Noel,
I visited the url given by you . when i tried to move the message from one
folder to another it throws internal server error.
In fact i also want be a part of taglibs. Is there is any help that i can
do. I'll be more that happy to help you enhance the library

Sameer

> I have written a simple imap taglibrary. I am pretty new to java/jsp and
the
> jakarta project, but I am very excited about this technology. If anybody
is
> interested in the source to my taglib I would be more than happy to
> contribute this code.
>
> Here is url to a sample of part of the functionality this tag has:
>
> http://www.preseller.com/imapLogin.jsp
>
> I only have access to imap servers that are cyrus style directory
hierarchy,
> so I am in need of assistance to make this more applicable to other mail
> servers.
>
> It would also take very little effort to add POP support.
>
> I make no claims as to the quality of my code, as I am very new to this,
but
> I would really like to learn and contribute.
>
> Please let me know where to send the code if anyone is interested.
>
> Thanks,
> Noel

> Move your email to a better address.
> Over 1,000 domains to choose from! FREE! PRIVATE!
> http://www.MailSpace.com

Taglib query

Posted by ba...@generationjava.com.
This might be a daft question, but is it possible to hook many tags up to
one Tag file?

The biggest problem I see with this is I can't see a way in the API to get
the name of the tag that was executed to cause a particular Tag object to
be run.

Thanks

Bay