Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by An...@mro.com on 2006/02/14 17:06:56 UTC

client_config.wsdd and -Daxis.ClientConfigFile

Hi
I have tried and tested various ways of using wss4j in the client - both
programmatically and the configuration way. When doing it programmatically
I have used

EngineConfiguration clientConfig=createClientConfig(username, password);

        service.setEngineConfiguration(clientConfig);

        service.setEngine(new AxisClient(clientConfig));

And while doing the config way I have used the -Daxis.ClientConfigFile.

Doing it the config way seems easier and flexible and my client code stays
clean. But unfortunately setting the system proerty does not work well in a
multi threaded env where multiple such client instances [which have their
own Service and Call object - am using DII] are trying to invoke ws
security enabled  Web services. So here the question------------------
Is there any way [fine if I have to use axis specific libs] that given a
client config file I can programmatically create the EngineConfiguration
instance? If I can do that I am home free as then I am using the best of
both worlds.
Any api suggestions is welcome - the whole point is --- How to generate
EngineConfiguration  from a client config file without really having to
understand whats there in the file.

thanks
Anamitra

Re: client_config.wsdd and -Daxis.ClientConfigFile

Posted by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de>.
Anamitra,

IMHO this is a question to the Axis user / Axis dev list because it's
a generic Axis question. How to deal with config files is not a
WSS4J specific problem.

Can you pls resend the question to the Axis user mailing list?.

Regards,
Werner

Posted by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de>.
Anamitra,