Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Philippe Faes <Ph...@elis.UGent.be> on 2006/10/18 17:28:41 UTC

building continuum

Dear all,

I'd like to get my hands diry on continuum, but I cannot build the
continuum trunk http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/continuum/trunk by
running
mvn clean install
Is this a temprary issue or am I doing something wrong?

Also, can I compile (and run the tests) while I have a production
continuum-1.0.3 running on the default ports?

thanks
Philippe

Test set:
org.apache.maven.continuum.release.executors.ReleaseTaskExecutorTest
Tests run: 2, Failures: 2, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 2.773
sec <<< FAILURE!
testReleaseSimpleProject(org.apache.maven.continuum.release.executors.ReleaseTaskExecutorTest)  Time elapsed: 1.724 sec  <<< FAILURE!
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Test dev version
        at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:20)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.release.executors.ReleaseTaskExecutorTest.testReleaseSimpleProject(ReleaseTaskExecutorTest.java:96)

testReleaseSimpleProjectWithNextVersion(org.apache.maven.continuum.release.executors.ReleaseTaskExecutorTest)  Time elapsed: 0.992 sec  <<< FAILURE!
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Test dev version
        at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:20)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.release.executors.ReleaseTaskExecutorTest.testReleaseSimpleProjectWithNextVersion(ReleaseTaskExecutorTest.java:132)

--
ir. Philippe Faes
Ghent University - Department ELIS

Re: building continuum

Posted by Christian Edward Gruber <cg...@israfil.net>.
Thanks!  This should probably be dropped into the site built docs.

Christian.

P.S.  How often are we re-generating the docs at
http://maven.apache.org/continuum ?

Re: building continuum

Posted by ben short <be...@benshort.co.uk>.
Christian,

Re: building continuum

Posted by Christian Edward Gruber <cg...@israfil.net>.

Re: building continuum

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
always works for me on macosx, jdk 1.5, maven 2.0.4

jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com

Re: building continuum

Posted by Philippe Faes <Ph...@UGent.be>.
I know about the 'skip' option, but I would prefer the test to work. How
can I expect continuum to work if the tests fail?

I'm running Fedora Core 5 linux on amd64 with java version "1.5.0_06"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.5.0_06-b05, mixed mode)
and Maven 2.0.4. I was building revision 465267.
Let me know if I can help with further debug info.

greetz
Philippe

Philippe Faes <Ph...@UGent.be>

Re: building continuum

Posted by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com>.

Re: building continuum

Posted by Christian Edward Gruber <cg...@israfil.net>.
If somone could document the jndi resources and how to configure them in
tomcat 5.5 that would be very nice.  I couldn't figure it out, and am
currently running it with:

 "mvn jetty:run > continuum.log &"

Christian.

Re: building continuum