Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dola Woolfe <do...@yahoo.com> on 2003/12/12 19:27:56 UTC

Need help with connectors

Hi,

I'm beginning to think that I need to be a system
administrator to connect Apache 2.0 with Tomcat 5.0!
I've already spent 2 full days trying to get it to
work. I remember that for Tomcat 3.4 it took me about
5 minutes.

(I can't even tell whether there is too much
documentation or not enough. Under
/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/jk2/configtcex.html there are many
links and I don't know whether I need some of them or
all of them. I don't know whether 4.1 instruction
apply to 5.0. It is not clear how to modify Unix
instruction for Windows intructions. Ordinarily I'm a
Unix guy (I helped write the Gimp), but this is a
Windows project. How am I supposed to interpret the
sentence "There is no need to use the jkjni logic to
use normal socket, so that just for Fun." What's just
for Fun? jkjni or normal socket? Also, on the menu,
the headers are instiguishable from live links so the
whole structure of the document is unclear.)

Anyway, I think you guys produce amazing products,
I've always used them and will stick by them in the
future. I'm just a little frustrated and a little bit
jealous of my time so I'm hoping that someone will
provide instructions for Apache2 + Tomcat5 + Win32.

Thanks.

Dola

RE: Need help with connectors

Posted by Yansheng Lin <ya...@isogis.com>.
I am assuming you downloaded apache, tomcat, and mod_jk_2.X.X.dll

Try:
	1) rename mod_jk_2.X.X.dll to mod_jk2.dll, and place it under
		$APACHE_HOME/modules/
	2) In apache httpd.conf
		# Using mod_jk2.dll to redirect dynamic calls to Tomcat
		LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk2.dll

Does it work?