Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Di...@eurotours.at on 2003/11/19 09:29:40 UTC

[users@httpd] Antwort: [users@httpd] Session Loss: Apache 2.0.47

Is servlet1 and servlet2 in the same context?
May you know, the session- object is not shared over differ contexts!

regards Dietmar

"Satya Narayan Dash" <nd...@rediffmail.com> am 18.11.2003 17:32:28

Bitte antworten an users@httpd.apache.org

An:    users@httpd.apache.org
Kopie:
Thema: [users@httpd] Session Loss: Apache 2.0.47

Hi,

Please help me to debug this. I did not get any reply for my previous
query.

I am havinng Apache 2.0.47 with Tomcat 4.1.27.( connector: mod_jk )
I am making some POST requests via some servlets. The scenario is like
this.

Class A --> invokes Servelt1 (HttpURLConnection is used)

It gets
the session id.
[
  HttpServletRequest's getSession(true) is used and then
I am getting the
  id --> by HttpSession's getId().

]

and with that id
invokes another servlet, Servlet2
(httpd://localhost:8080/servlets/Servlet2;jsessionid=<sessionid>)

But in
the doPost() method of the Servlet2, the session id is getting
changed.
[here session is by getSession() method, so the session should remain the
same,i.e, the current session.]

However, the session id remains the same
for apache 2.0.40 + tomcat 4.1.27 (mod_jk).
Hence this is  not a problem
with the ServletEngine, rather with Apache.

I am using JRE1.4.2, hence the
user-agent in the header is Java\1.4.2.

I do not know how it is getting
changed. In the access_log, the invovcation prints
the correct jsessionid,
however in the mod_jk it is getting changed, while doing an unmarshalling.
Is it a bug or am I making any configuration mistake??

Please help.
regards,
Satya.