Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com> on 2014/01/01 17:56:19 UTC

Re: Compression in karaf

I checked the Jetty documentation, it's quite simple to support gzip
compression,
you just need a filter for it. So add a filter to your Application
according to the documentation of jetty [1].

regards, Achim

[1] - http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/gzip-filter.html

2013/12/31 dayanand <da...@citiustech.com>

> Hi,
>
> Can you please give an example how to add rule to jetty.xml.
>
> Thanks

Project Lead
OPS4J Pax for Vaadin <http://team.ops4j.org/wiki/display/PAXVAADIN/Home>
Commiter & Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Re: Compression in karaf

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

you'll find plenty of samples at the Pax-Web GitHub project. [1]
If you want to use the HttpService as you've done before, you'll just need
to register a compression filter as I've send you before. [2]
You'll find a sample on how to register filters with Pax-Web at [3].
Another way of using filters is to use a WAB [4]. There you need to
register your compression filter also, as JB mentioned first.
There is nothing directly to be configured for Jetty.

regards, Achim

[1] - https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.web/tree/master/samples
[2] - http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/gzip-filter.html
[3] -
https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.web/blob/master/samples/helloworld-wc/src/main/java/org/ops4j/pax/web/samples/helloworld/wc/internal/Activator.java#L101
[4] -
https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.web/tree/master/samples/war-spring-osgi

Re: Compression in karaf

Posted by mikl <el...@gmail.com>.
Hello can you find a solution i am also searching (i want to enable the
configuration for the global server not for individual webapp).

Re: Compression in karaf

Posted by dayanand <da...@citiustech.com>.
Hi All,

Re: Compression in karaf

Posted by dayanand <da...@citiustech.com>.
I created 'jetty-web.xml' and 'webdefault.xml' in dsp-k-1.5.0\etc folder

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE Configure PUBLIC &quot;-//Jetty//Configure//EN&quot;
&quot;http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/configure.dtd&quot;>

<Configure class="org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext">
	<Set name="defaultsDescriptor">webdefault.xml</Set>
</Configure>

and 'webdefault.xml'

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
	xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd"
	id="WebApp_ID" version="2.5">

	<filter>
		<filter-name>GzipFilter</filter-name>
		<filter-class>org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.GzipFilter</filter-class>
		<init-param>
			<param-name>mimeTypes</param-name>

<param-value>text/html,text/plain,text/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/css,application/javascript,application/json,image/svg+xml</param-value>
		</init-param>
	</filter>
	<filter-mapping>
		<filter-name>GzipFilter</filter-name>
		<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
	</filter-mapping>

</web-app>

Add entry in org.ops4j.pax.web.cfg file

org.ops4j.pax.web.config.file=./etc/jetty-web.xml

still it is not working,, can you please provide me an simple example
talking about gzip compression in karaf