Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Paul McFerrin <pm...@columbus.rr.com> on 2009/12/31 18:58:00 UTC

[users@httpd] Upgrading from 1.3.22 to 1.3.41`

I asked this question of this mailing lists many years ago about my
1.3.22 and I'm again performing this upgrade to 1.3.41 (last 1.x
release).  I have gotten my server to respond to both URL's.

However on every page, I get the "Forbidden" error message.  If I do
allow it to view any page, I them get "The page isn't redirecting
properly" error.  The htdocs pointer is pointing to thw same page as the
1.3.22 server.

I have place the current copy of httpd.conf at
http://pmcferrin.homedns.org/httpd.conf

Any help would be appreciated.  The end result is to get php4 installed.

Re: [users@httpd] Upgrading from 1.3.22 to 1.3.41`

Posted by Paul McFerrin <pm...@columbus.rr.com>.
Problem solved.  In 1.3.41, they made everything "restrictive".  I just
removed the restriction my commenting a few lines.

Posted by Frank Gingras <fr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Devraj Mukherjee <de...@gmail.com>.
Can you please look through the logs and share anything meaningful you
find there?

What OS are you using?

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 4:58 AM, Paul McFerrin <pm...@columbus.rr.com> wrote:
> I asked this question of this mailing lists many years ago about my 1.3.22
> and I'm again performing this upgrade to 1.3.41 (last 1.x release).  I have
> gotten my server to respond to both URL's.
>
> However on every page, I get the "Forbidden" error message.  If I do allow
> it to view any page, I them get "The page isn't redirecting properly" error.
>  The htdocs pointer is pointing to thw same page as the 1.3.22 server.
>
> I have place the current copy of httpd.conf at
> http://pmcferrin.homedns.org/httpd.conf
>
> Any help would be appreciated.  The end result is to get php4 installed.

"The secret impresses no-one, the trick you use it for is everything"
- Alfred Borden (The Prestiege)