Posted to user@roller.apache.org by "Parsons, Chris" <Ch...@torbay.gov.uk> on 2014/06/30 12:24:58 UTC

Reverse proxy issue?

Please read the Council's email disclaimer notification which is located at the end of the email message.

I have managed to get Roller set up working behind a reverse proxy, and can navigate the content, but get a 404 when I try to access the login link?

The URL being called is http://chair.torbay.gov.uk/roller/roller-ui/login-redirect.rol

which is correct but comes back with "There is no Action mapped for action name login-redirect"

If I remove the element being reverse proxied ('chair.torbay.gov.uk') and substitute the internal URL it is fine so it looks like the redirect is causing the issue?

Can anyone give me any advice?

The reverse proxy is being done by our Apache web server (2.2.25)

Thanks

--
Chris Parsons | IT Project Leader | Torbay Council, Town Hall, Castle Circus, Torquay, TQ1 3DR.
T: 01803 20 7438 | F: 01803 20 7355 | E: chris.parsons@torbay.gov.uk

Roller 5.0.2
Tomcat 7.0.53
MySQL 5.6.13
Java 1.7.0_02
Windows Server 2003
Google Chrome

Please note...
The views in this message are personal; they are not necessarily those of Torbay Council.
Torbay Council has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email. The Council cannot accept responsibility
for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or any attachments.

Unless otherwise explicitly stated above no employee or agent is authorised to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of Torbay Council
with any other party by email. Likewise, unless otherwise explicitly stated, nothing in this email should be taken as agreement to enter
any binding contract for the supply of goods or services.

Senders and recipients of email should be aware that under the UK Data Protection and Freedom of Information legislation these contents
may have to be disclosed in response to a request.
Under the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000, Lawful Business Practice Regulations, any E-mail sent to or from this address may
be accessed by someone other than the recipient for system management and security purposes.

RE: Reverse proxy issue?

Posted by "Parsons, Chris" <Ch...@torbay.gov.uk>.
Please read the Council's email disclaimer notification which is located at the end of the email message.

Yes, this is how I got it to work - but the login link looks to be doing a redirect which appears to stuff the reverse proxy?

If you look at the site you can see the URL I entered into the admin screen (this is the 'chair.torbay.gov.uk')

I'll try an upgrade and see if anything improves

Regards

--
Chris Parsons | IT Project Leader | Torbay Council, Town Hall, Castle Circus, Torquay, TQ1 3DR.
T: 01803 20 7438 | F: 01803 20 7355 | E: chris.parsons@torbay.gov.uk
----

Unsure, but the Roller server administration settings page (not the per-blog settings page) has a field to enter the desired root URL for your blog server, you probably will need to populate it if you're using a proxy server, I needed to when switching my blog to https:// at least.

Also, consider upgrading to 5.0.4 if you can, as it fixes a few security matters in libraries that Roller uses.

HTH,
Glen

Re: Reverse proxy issue?

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.