Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Gary <ga...@wandisco.com> on 2012/04/11 20:14:26 UTC

testing installation

While I am on the subject of installation, would anyone else like to
check that my instructions make enough sense?

They are probably a bit too Ubuntu-centric and so if anyone wants to
improve the documentation for other systems, that would be fantastic.

Cheers,
     Gary

Re: testing installation

Posted by Gary <ga...@wandisco.com>.
Fantastic :)

Are there any improvements that could be made to the documentation? I
would like to try to keep to a single core installation page if possible
but only if it can remain clear when covering options.

A quick search about OS X 10.7 suggests that it might already have
python 2.7.1 and so probably already has setuptools installed. Perhaps
the beginning does not encourage people enough to check what they
already have installed..

Did you take it any further than running with tracd? I guess others will
know whether it is easy to get Apache installed on OS X.

Cheers,
     Gary

Re: testing installation

Posted by Joachim Dreimann <jo...@wandisco.com>.