Posted to general@logging.apache.org by "Mr. Phuoc H Nguyen" <ph...@ssp.com.vn> on 2005/07/15 08:51:52 UTC

Timestamp vs Systemtime

Can anybody tell me why log4j's timestampe is different from system time?
Thanks
Huu Phuoc

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0528-4, 07/14/2005
Tested on: 7/15/2005 1:51:58 PM

Re: Timestamp vs Systemtime

Posted by "Mr. Phuoc H Nguyen" <ph...@ssp.com.vn>.
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

>In my RH9 /etc/sysconfig/clock I have Asia/Kuala_Lumpur,

Because you are in Malaysia. I am in Vietnam.

> so I guess you just add that to the file,

I use the tool in Redhat (setup tool) to modify the timezone, I didn't
add it manualy.

> and you should get things right.

I think I must use  vi_VN locale.

>Cheers
>Niclas

Thanks,
Huu Phuoc

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0528-4, 07/14/2005
Tested on: 7/15/2005 5:52:27 PM

Re: Timestamp vs Systemtime

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Friday 15 July 2005 18:30, Mr. Phuoc H Nguyen wrote:
> My timezone is "Asia/Saigon".
> I use RH9. In the file /etc/systconfig/clock I can  find that information.
> But locale is en_US.
> So the difference is 14 hours.
> Yeah. It is right!
> I thanks for  your help.

In my RH9 /etc/sysconfig/clock I have Asia/Kuala_Lumpur, so I guess you just
add that to the file, and you should get things right.

Cheers
Niclas

Re: Timestamp vs Systemtime

Posted by "Mr. Phuoc H Nguyen" <ph...@ssp.com.vn>.
My timezone is "Asia/Saigon".

Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> Probably a TimeZone issue.
>
>If you are on Linux,
>
> * verify with "date" from commandline that the time is right, and the
>timezone printed out correspond with reality.
>
> * verify that /etc/timezone contains a correct entry. (also found on
>/etc/systconfig/clock on RH9)
>
>If that is still right, then do in Java,
>
>  Locale loc =  Locale.getDefault();
>  System.our.println( loc.toString() );
>
>If that doesn't correspond to what you expect, then try set the environment
>variable TZ to your time.
>
>On WIndows --> No clue.
>

>Cheers
>Niclas

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0528-4, 07/14/2005
Tested on: 7/15/2005 5:30:11 PM

Re: Timestamp vs Systemtime

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.